The 2018 Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience
Back for the 8th time by popular demand, it’s The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience and is, without a doubt, the most popular stage race in Gauteng.
This race is a must if you are planning to do Epic, Joburg2C, Sani or a new Leverage Corporation event called The Great Kei Trek taking place in the Eastern Cape at the end of April 2018.
The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience is a tough and challenging three-day MTB event starting on Friday the 23rd to Sunday 25th of February 2018.
You have a choice of doing one of the following events:
1) 3 days: The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience, (Friday to Sunday)
2) 2 days: The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Weekend Experience, (Saturday and Sunday) or
3) 1 day: The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Mini Experience (Sunday) – Now open to all riders
The 3-day experience will start and finish at Kloofzicht Lodge in The Cradle of Humankind, some three days later.
In true Leverage Corporation fashion, this will be a ride where you will be challenged; it will be a ride which you will enjoy; and it will be a fantastic event which is well organised and run.
2- day Weekend Experience
R 2 500.00
R 1 950.00
Bridgestone will be giving away to one lucky participant, a set of brand new Bridgestone Tyres for your car to the value of R10 000.
Here’s what the race entails:
Day 1: An 85km "warm up" – starting at Kloofzicht Lodge in The Cradle, and finishing at Maropeng in The Cradle of Humankind.
Day 2: A tough and challenging 75km route starting and finishing at Maropeng. But you'll need to negotiate more than a couple "men from the boys" climbs and technical bits before arriving back at Maropeng in the Cradle of Humankind.
Day 3: A final 65km burst from Maropeng back to Kloofzicht Lodge in The Cradle.
225 km later - you're now ready for that post race spoil. Kick back and enjoy a leisurely lunch, compliments of us, while you relax on the lawns and soak up the views in the peaceful company of family and friends.
Got your interest? Good! So what’s included and what’s not.
- Absolutely unbelievable riding – great single track, good, tough technical challenges and stunning scenery. Be Warned. Day 1 and 2 are tough and challenging.
- This race is a must if you are planning to do Epic, Joburg2C, Sani or a new Leverage Corporation event called The Great Kei Trek taking place in the Eastern Cape at the end of April 2018.
- A professionally planned and managed route
- Goodie Bag including race shirt (Race Cap for the full Bridgestone Route 66 3-day MTB Experience)
- All entrants for the 3-day and the 2-day will receive a special gift courtesy of Bridgestone and The Leverage Corporation
- Free Tog Bag transport by Phola Coaches from the Start to Finish on Day 1 and Day 3
- Free Shuttle service from Phola Coaches from the finish back to the start – Day 1 and Day 3
- Complimentary lunch Sunday – there will be food vendors at Maropeng for Friday and Saturday as well as Craft beer on tap and more.
- Showers at the finish
- Good TLC all along the way
- The Legendary Bridgestone Bike Wash
- Secure overnight storage for your bike
- Technical support on the way
- Sunday lunch - a special lunch courtesy of Kloofzicht Lodge
- Lucky draw prizes and race medal
- One of the best and most enjoyable warm ups you're going to get – tick 225km off that training schedule.
Accommodation and personal tech support –you need to look after the logistics here and make your own arrangements.
Lunch for Day 3 at Kloofzicht is included in your entry fee. Lunches on the Friday and Saturday will be for your account.
The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience 2018
Stage 1: 06h00 (Friday)
Stage 2: 07h00 (Saturday)
Stage 3: 08h00 (Sunday)
There will be batch seeding and this seeding will be based on the National Seeding Index.
The Bridgestone Route 66 Weekend MTB Experience 2018
Stage 1: 07h30 (Saturday)
Stage 2: 08h15 (Sunday)
The Bridgestone Route 66 Mini MTB Experience 2018
Costs and Entry links are as follows:
The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience
Solo Rider: R 2 500
Teams of Two: R 5 000
The Bridgestone Route 66 Weekend MTB Experience
Solo Rider: R 1 900
The Bridgestone Route 66 Mini MTB Experience
Solo Rider: R650 per entry.
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
Entries close on 4 February 2018.
Number Collection will take place on Wednesday 21 February 2018. Venue to be confirmed.
If you would like to have a friend, partner, significant other join you for the post race lunch at Kloofzicht Lodge on Sunday 25th February, the cost will be R135 per adult, and R75 per child under the age of 12.