First Aid and Paramedic Facility.
• ER 24, a professional team of qualified paramedics will be providing the first aid, search and rescue and paramedic services both on and off the course this year.
• Their base will be at Maropeng and at Kloofzicht Lodge.
• They can be consulted if you have any medical problems on your return from each stage for approximately 60 minutes from the cut off time on the day.
• There will be support vehicles and quad bikes on the stages to attend to any mishaps or accidents/injuries which may occur.
• You will have emergency contact numbers for this service pre-printed on your race number.
• Sports massages by a qualified therapist will be available at the end of the race on each day. Booking can be made directly upon your return to the race village and fees are for your own account.
Bike Wash Facility
• The Legendary Bridgestone Bike wash will once again be set up near the finish area after each stage.
• The cost of the bike wash is included in your entry fee.
For bike security, it is recommended that riders wait for their bikes to be washed and not leave them to be collected later. Riders are requested not to leave accessories of value on the bike while it is being washed i.e., computers, heart rate monitors, GPS receivers, pumps, saddlebags etc. Once your bike has been washed, it is to be placed in the Bike Park in the designated area, where you will be given a storage ticket. This ticket has to be presented to the attendant in order to collect your bike.
Whilst the utmost care will be taken, The Bridgestone Route 66 MTB Experience, race organisers, sponsors, landowners, helpers etc. will not be held responsible for any losses or damage to any bicycles, accessories etc. while bikes are being washed or at the bike wash facility.